$1,000 - $2,500 LGBT Liberation Scholarships
The LGBT Liberation Scholarship provided by My Bedroom Spice
honors students courage in the face of adversity and discrimination by awarding $1,000 - $2,500 individual grants to LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and ally) activists
who have transformed their experiences with bigotry and discrimination into opportunities to inspire others by taking action, rallying support, building community, and working to change the systems and institutions that impact their lives.
- One (1) $2,500 scholarship shall be awarded to the winning applicant
- Two (2) additional $1,000 scholarships may be awarded to runner-ups in the case of outstanding applications.
- The scholarship is annual and applications are renewable
- The full amount of the scholarship must be applied towards tuition, books, training materials, and/or costs associated with the recipient's education within 12 months of receiving the award.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be accepted to and/or attending a full-time higher education program at an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA based on the previous year’s academic performance.
- Applicants must apply by the cut off date (May 31st each year)
- The winning applicant will be mailed a W9 tax form that must be completed. Upon return of the W9 form, the scholarship winner will be mailed a check. Any taxes incurred from the award are fully the responsibility of the winning candidate
- A representative from My Bedroom Spice will contact all scholarship applicants to notify them of results on June 30, 2017. Applicants may also visit our website for updates on the award.
- Applicants must be able to provide supporting evidence they are capable of successfully completing a degree program.
- Only US Colleges and Universities shall be considered
- Winning candidates may be asked to verify: transcripts, proof of enrollment, evidence to outstanding claims in applications. Personal statements are also requested for all applications.
- The ideal candidate will have at least six months of experience as activists or who have otherwise demonstrated leadership within the LGBTQ community, and have a GPA above 3.0
- We received zero applications in 2015! This year we've opened eligibility to include all full time post-grad students in the us. (Note, we received over 100 applications in 2016)
- Preference will be given to law students interested in advancing the civil rights of LGBT Americans.
My Bedroom Spice Scholarship Program